Safer Rust Remover Dipping Solution – New Formula
This highly effective near pH neutral rust remover dipping solution will remove surface rust and heavily pitted rust from ferrous metal and stainless steel.
- Proven effective to remove even deep rust on all types of mild steel and iron.
- Excellent dipping solution: leave nuts, bolts and other rusted components in Safer Rust Remover to return to rust-free condition.
- Safe on all surfaces and will not harm copper, brass, aluminium, plastic, rubber, vinyl, or most paints.
- Non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-toxic and acid-free (pH8).
- Unlike acid removers, Safer Rust Remover stops when the rust is all loosened and is then easily washed off as a brown sludge.
- Will not cause hydrogen embrittlement of steel or steel alloys due to its acid-free formulation.
Original casting marks and seams are revealed as new when the remover has finished slowly eating away at each layer of rust right down to a molecular lever.
Safer Rust Remover after 24 hours
Using Safer Rust Remover as a dipping solution
- Always DEGREASE and remove by wire brush heavy layered rust or failing paint before putting components into the dip.
- Keep the solution at around 25-30 degrees – use an aquarium heater in your bucket.
- For larger assembles, make up a solution in a plastic dustbin with a lid and drop the aquarium heater into the bin.
- Periodically (every day, week or month even) check progress by removing the component and wash away the accumulated sludge with water and a nylon bristle scrubbing brush. If it needs more time, drop it back into the solution.
- Don’t let any sludge get back into the tub of rust remover, as otherwise the remover will still keep working on the sludge.
- If you experience some evaporation, replace lost fluid by adding water.
- Safer Rust Remover is not a fast fix: be patient, give it time to work naturally and the results will astound you.
- To prevent flash rusting, submerge the cleaned components in Safer Rust Remover until you are ready to paint them or coat with a rust inhibiting oil or wax.
Safer Rust Remover can be used over and over again until performance drops off. Pour used solution through a strainer to separate iron content and then store the remaining solution in a sealed container to prevent evaporation or contamination.
When ready to dispose of spent Safer Rust Remover, only the iron content of the solution will dictate the disposal method.
Safer Rust Removal Kit Comes with,
- 5ltr Safer Rust Remover Read To Use
- 5ltr Plastic Bucket with lid
- 200watt Submersible Shcokproof Thermostat heater
- Nylon Aggitator brush
|Near pH neutral rust remover.
|Directions for use
|Pour Safer Rust Remover into a container and place the component/s into the fluid solution.
Works best at room temperature, or ideally 25-30c or above. Cold temperatures will slow down the removal process. A fish tank heater will speed up the process considerably when used as a dipping solution.
Heavily rusted items may require immersion for a number of weeks.
|Brushes and equipment used can be washed clean in fresh water. Rustbuster do not recommend re-using these brushes with different liquids/paints.
|Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, apron, eye and face protection.