PHOS-KLEEN B RUST REMOVER AND PHOSPHATING SOLUTION
Phos-Kleen B is a phosphoric acid-based surface treatment for application to steel surfaces before painting. It is frequently used for light surface rust removal before painting vehicle body panels or other open surfaces. Phosphating in this way is generally accepted as the most effective method of keeping a steel surface rust-free.
- Phos-Kleen B will phosphate the steel’s surface and passivate any rust spots within the steel’s micropores.
- The rust will be chemically changed into iron phosphate and completely neutralised.
- The surface will be left a blue-grey colour and once any salt is removed (see below) is ready for painting.
A ‘before and after’ picture demonstrating Phos-Kleen B’s performance.
You can purchase Phos-Kleen B in three ways:
- Phos-Kleen B only (1ltr or 5ltr).
- Value packs including Chlor-X Salt Remover (direct to surface formula)and Phos-Kleen B.
- Full metal ready kits complete with 1ltr Phos-Kleen B, 1ltr Chlor-X Salt Remover (direct to surface formula), 1ltr SP10 Cleaner/Degreaser and two coarse Scotch-Brite pads.
|Product description||A clear liquid high grade of phosphoric acid and industrial strength soaps.|
|Directions||If necessary, clean and degrease the surface first (e.g. with Rustbuster SP10).
Best reactions occur when full wetting of the surface can occur, if there are contaminates on the surface you’ll get a patchy reaction.
Apply Phos-Kleen B to surface rust sparingly by brush, spray bottle or Scotch-Brite pad and allow time for the product to work and dry.
Once applied, the metal will have a blue-grey colour. Allow the surface to thoroughly dry (ideally overnight). If the surface colour once dry is a mixture of blue/grey and white the Phos-Kleen hasn’t fully wetted the surface. This discolouration means that the surface still requires further de-greasing. Please repeat the process.
|Cleaning||Brushes and equipment used can be washed clean in fresh water. However, once used in Phos-Kleen B we would not recommend using these brushes in any other liquid/paint.|
|Safety||Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, mask, eye and face protection.|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||Click Here|
|Technical Data Sheet||Click Here|