HAMMERITE KURUST RUST CONVERTER
A handy tub of Hammerite’s popular Kurust rust converter. Transforms rust to a sound surface in 15 minutes, ready for painting in just three hours.
Ideal for small areas of rust, stone chips and scratches. An excellent product to have around the home so you can tackle rust on BBQs, fire surrounds, radiators, garage doors, garden furniture, metal doors, gates, railings and much more.
- Can be top-coated after only three hours.
- No primer or undercoat is required.
- Simple to apply – no need to rinse off.
How to use Hammerite Kurust
- Clean the surface by removing all loose paint, rust, dirt, grease and salt. Then rinse with water and let the surface dry.
- Shake the container well to mix the ingredients and pour the required amount into a plastic container. We suggest starting with a small amount as you should not pour any unused Kurust back into the bottle.
- Apply by brush directly to the rust. Work well into corners, edges and heavily pitted areas. Avoid applying Kurust to painted areas.
- You will know when Kurust has worked as it will turn corrosion blue/black when it reacts. If you don’t see a reaction after an hour, reapply.
- You can apply a topcoat of paint after three hours.
- Brushes can be cleaned with water.
Remember: do NOT return any unused Kurust into the original bottle as it will have become contaminated during application.