1. Power wash or steam clean using CHLOR-X salt remover and a traffic film remover (TFR)
2. Remove old flaking paint, wax and loose rust and treat with FE123 RUST CONVERTER
3. Drill 10MM HOLES for injection, gain access to any well known rust areas of your vehcile
4. Cover exposed brakes.
5. Remove arch plastics, heatshields and cover exhaust.
6. At this time a decision needs to be made, what underbody finish do I choose?
- TECHSHIELD UNDERBODY WAX – Firm film, high build wax, Black, life to re-coat – 5 years.
- CORROLAN PURE – Sticky film, medium build transparent Lanolin, Honey Coloured, life to re-coat – 2 years.
- TECHSHIELD MIL-SPEC – Dry film, high build transparent , light Brown Coloured, life to re-coat – 5 years.
- TECHSHIELD HIGH TEMPERATURE CLEAR– Dry film, low build, 100% clear, life to re-coat – 2 years.
7. Apply 2 coats of your chosen Rustbuster high performance wax to car underbody.
8. For heavy rust inside cavaties pre inject with CORROLAN PENETRATOR.
9. Inject box sections with CORROLAN ACTIVE.
10. Plug holes with 10MM INJECTION PLUGS applying a coat of underbody wax to the hole before fitting
Alternatively if you would like Rustbuster to complete this job for you please CLICK HERE
For rust proofing kits CLICK HERE
For Injection Equipment CLICK HERE
CAR MANUFACTURERS RECOMMEND AN INSPECTION AND TOP UP INJECTION IF REQUIRED EVERY YEAR. WE SUGGEST SIMILAR INSPECTION.