HOW TO USE PHOS-KLEEN B
Phos-Kleen B is a surface cleaner, rust remover, degreaser and phosphating solution designed for use on flat surfaces of horizontal or vertical steel panels. This phosphoric acid based product is an ideal surface treatment to remove light surface rust prior to painting vehicle body panels or other open surfaces.
Some tips for getting the best results from Phos-Kleen B
1. Always wear suitable protective equipment when using Phos-Kleen B. Remember, it is an acid! The protective equipment you need is as follows:
- Rubber gloves or gauntlets.
- Goggles or other eye protection.
- Protective apron.
2. Apply Phos-Kleen B direct from the bottle using a Scotch-Brite pad or similar. Work in a circular motion into the steel work. Do not allow Phos-Kleen B to pool on horizontal surfaces.
3. Allow the steel to fully dry – preferably overnight. When dry, Phos-Kleen B will turn the steel a blue grey colour and the surface will be slightly rougher than before. Any rust within the pits will have produced a nib on the surface as the Phos-Kleen B has reacted with it.
4. Now wash the surface to remove any dried surface salts that may appear as a white powder. Use a Scotch-Brite or similar nylex abrasive pad to clean this powder with a conservative amount of fresh clean deionised water, or better still Rustbuster Chlor-X Salt Remover (direct to surface furmula).
5. As soon as the washed surface is fully dry it is ready to paint.
And remember, this is an acid-based product so please take care and always wear the correct protective equipment.