ANTI CORROSION FORMULA – ACF 50
ACF-50 has multiple applications around the workshop, garage and home. It’s a superb moisture dispersant and rust prevention fluid to use in vehicle cavities, and on structural assemblies, interior metal surfaces, switches, solenoids, motors, battery terminals etc. Its great capillary (creeping) action penetrates around bolts, screws and hardware protecting them from galvanic corrosion.
- Disperses moisture, deactivates corrosion and prevents further corrosion.
- Remains active for up to a year: doesn’t dry but forms a thin, clear film that continues to creep into tight spaces.
- Excellent properties as a lubricant that will not gum up mechanisms as it does NOT contain any wax, resin or silicon.
- Aerosol contains 95% product with virtually no propellant, so a little goes a long way.
Protection for motorcycles
ACF-50 has proven itself as a favourite anti-corrosion tool for motorcycle owners. Apply it wherever you wish to repel moisture and prevent corrosion, including around switches, electrical joints and plugs, battery terminals and engines, under the tank and seat, on wheels, forks, shocks, joints, welds, chrome parts and the underside.
It is also suitable for reducing corrosion on exhaust pipes and fasteners (smoking will occur on first start).
In fact, apply it just about anywhere you want to repel moisture and minimise corrosion. The few places you can’t use it include tyres, handlebar grips, footrests, and brake discs and pads, all of which you want to keep clear of lubricant.
It does its stuff while your bike is in use, even in harsh conditions, and provides protection if you lay your bike up for the winter. For long term storage it can also be used on calipers/rotors but must be removed with an approved brake cleaner prior to vehicle usage.
How it works
The chemical process is that ACF-50 emulsifies and encapsulates the electrolyte, lifting it away from the metal surface. Moisture is dispersed and an atmospheric barrier is created that prevents any further moisture contact, deactivating the corrosion. This chemistry provides excellent protection across all corrosion prone areas.
Storage and application tips
- Keep the can in a warm environment and shake very well before use.
- Reapply ACF-50 every 12 months or so as this is a ‘sacrificial’ product that is chemically consumed as it works.
- For maximum protection, apply twice a year.
- Money saving tip: keep a rag handy to soak up any excess ACF-50 and use the rag to apply the product.